I really have to get my act together on Sundays. It is 4:30 pm where I am, and I am still in my pyjamas. I am the queen on lazy Sundays. Admittedly, this may have something to do with my Saturday night habits. I mean, a few friends of mine threw a Christmas Party last night, and I might have had a couple too many rum and egg nogs. ‘Tis the season, right?
I woke up at a pretty reasonable time (as far as I’m concerned) and I made a yummy breakfast (more on that later), but since then I have been lounging in bed doing homework (kind of), watching netflix (mostly), and drinking tea (3 cups and counting). I am going to a play tonight with my little sister – I volunteer with Big Brothers Big Sisters – so eventually I will need to get dressed, don’t worry.
Another thing I have accomplished today is checking out food blogs. I stumbled upon this recipe. And then I made it immediately. Because, hello, did you read the title? Chocolate, almond butter, pomegranate. Sold. And you know what? It was 10x more amazing then I had made it up in my head to be. This could easily be for dessert, but I had it for lunch and have zero regrets. It is decadent, creamy, melty, and just a little bit salty. SO GOOD.
Grilled Almond Butter, Dark Chocolate, & Pomegranate Sandwich
Adapted from Minimalist Baker.
2 slices Whole Grain Bread
1-2 tsp Butter
2 tbsp Roasted Almond Butter
2 squares Dark Chocolate (I used Lindt with Sea Salt)
2 tbsp Pomegranate Arils*
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
2. Butter one side of each slice of bread, and then spread almond butter (generously) over the other side.
3. Place one piece of bread, buttered side down, in the pan. Add the two squares of dark chocolate, then the pomegranate arils, and then the other slice of bread (buttered side up).
4. Gently flip after 2-3 minutes, when the bottom slice of bread is golden brown. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Slice in half and serve immediately.
* This is my preferred method for removing the arils from a pomegranate. So easy.